Much like superheroes, the Onion — Nature’s Ninja has superpowers.
It comes ready-made with stealth, endurance and adaptability and sustainability. While its nutrients help you ward off diseases, it’s also a major action hero, slaying disease and bacteria in the field just to get to the table. It provides amazing flavor to any meal, and it’s sustainable for use in dying fabrics, curing bee stings, cleaning grills or feeding sheep.
The onion’s many Ninja Super Powers also will boost your immunity to stay healthy during cold and flu season. Read more about Onions & Flu here.
Consider these Ninja Super Powers:
- Survivors— From its hard, papery skin keeping bacteria at bay to its pungent juices preserving itself, the onion was built to survive the elements and to stay safe from pests and bacteria. That’s why it is one of the safest vegetables coming out of the field.
- Masters of disguise— From the outside, the onion seems unassuming and simple. But there’s a warrior inside ready to fight disease.
- Resourcefulness— Onions also have many properties to keep those who eat it healthy — while it helps sustain a healthy gut, it can also help your mental health – have you have a good cry lately? Click here for more on onion nutrition.
- Adaptability— It can tempt the taste buds in a variety of forms to create just the right mixture of tastes to add the perfect touch to your meals. Don’t miss our great recipes.
- Stealthy— Who hasn’t minced an onion to slip into recipes without being noticed? We know chefs who sweat onions and turn the onions into a puree to add the right amount of flavor to their dishes.
To read more about these Ninja Super Powers, click on this link.
Download the Nature’s Ninja Playbook.
This ebook is a complete guide to onions with information on nutrition and health, as well as preparation tips and great recipes for all meals of the day.